Phoenix and the Grand Canyon State (Arizona) continue to grow in population and gain in home values. Depending on where you look, both Phoenix and the state are at the top of those lists. Our market continues to grow for a ton of reasons. People who live in more expensive areas of the country are discovering what a value Arizona is. If you listened to my radio show with Steve (Drive Friendly with Steve and Felecia), then you know the reasons. Let’s go through them again here.
Arizona Is Growing Up, People!
Here are the reasons that Arizona and its major cities of Phoenix and Tucson are such great destinations for people looking to reduce their cost of living while focusing on their quality of life and their work-life balance.
Here they are:
- The Weather. We put salt on margaritas, not asphalt! We have great weather. Sure, it gets hot in the summer, but the winters! And there are no hurricanes or tornados or earthquakes or snowstorms.
- Cost Of Living. Arizona is just about at the national average in cost of living, with a slightly higher home value (AZ: $249k, USA: $231k). That means you get all of this at a bargain.
- Low-ish Taxes. We have relatively low income and housing taxes here.
- Economic Diversity. While we’re gaining a reputation for our technology and startup community (aka, the “Silicon Desert”), the area is a great mix of service, tourist & entertainment, and manufacturing industries, as well as construction.
- Innovation. We have some great business incubators where people come together and build businesses and communities, including ASU’s Skysong, Gangplank, the Center for Entrepreneurial Innovation, and more. We also have the nation’s most innovative university, six years in a row (ASU beat out schools like MIT and Stanford — yes, it did!).
- Beaches, Snowboarding, and Water Skiing. Right here in town or just a few hours away, you have everything from great beaches (San Diego, Rocky Point), skiing (Flagstaff), and water sports (right here on our lakes).
- A Natural Wonder and More Outdoors. People forget we have the Grand Canyon here! There are so many outdoor activities here, you’ll never get to them all.
- Saguaro Cactus. We have beautiful deserts and two great museums showcasing them: The Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix and the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum in Tucson.
- Wildlife. Yes, some of our wildlife can kill you like scorpions, rattlesnakes, and Gila monsters. But we also have roadrunners (they can run 17 mph!), great horned owls, javelinas, coyotes, and more.
- Culture. Arizona has really grown up when it comes to culture. We have a thriving music and arts scene. Check out the Rhythm Room and the Phoenix Art Museum — both as good as you’ll find anywhere. Also check out these cool towns: Bisbee (miners, hippies, art) and Jerome (ghosts).
Felecia’s Raving Fans
If you’re looking to sell your home or buy a new one, hire somebody who really knows the area and what they’re doing. Call me today, and let’s talk! And maybe get a coffee. (602) 689-1805
Ready To Shop Some Homes in Phoenix?
Steve and I really love this place, and we know you will too. As transplants from New York, it really took some convincing — let me tell ya! But convince us it did. We love Arizona and our part of the state, Mesa-Phoenix. With mortgage rates still low and the housing market looking strong, now is a great time to move here.