If you’ve ever bought or sold a home, or are looking to do so now, you’ve likely thought to yourself, “I can do this on my own and save myself those commissions!” Well, I’m here to tell you, you’ll end up costing yourself a lot of money and creating headaches along the way.
As a full-time, professional Realtor, I’ve already sold over $20M and over 100 residential homes here in the Phoenix real estate market. There is so much to know, from listings to offers to contracts to negotiations. A misstep at any stage can have a huge impact on your bottom line.
Top 3 Reasons to Hire a Professional Realtor
There are many reasons to work with a trained, dedicated Realtor. Here are three reasons I believe have the biggest impact on my clients.
- Money: I have a fiduciary responsibility to you, my client. I won’t overlook important things because we ‘want that house!’ As a professional Realtor, I keep the big picture in view and spot the details. That’s what the experience of a full-time Realtor gets you. We ask the right questions and won’t overlook details that could cost you a lot money.
- Emotions: I take emotion out of the transaction, so that you can relax and focus on the fun parts of buying or selling a home. You need to focus on your family and your own life, and buying a home can become very emotional (excited, nervous, frustrated..to name a few) But emotional thinking doesn’t always lead to the best decision. I keep my own emotions in check so that I can fight like a bulldog for you and your family.
- Contracts and Negotiation: First of all, contracts are complex and full of little stipulations that are easily overlooked. In fact, there are at least 186 items during this transaction that need to be understood and addressed. In this tight market, you need somebody who can fight for you. Additionally, appraisals aren’t coming back where they should be. Without the know-how to deal with that, you can end up paying too much or selling for less than you should.
The key here is that a dedicated, full-time, professional Realtor will get you where you need to be by having the training, experience, and work ethic required for such an important transaction. I don’t back down, don’t get tired or fatigued from having to go back ‘one more time’ with the contract. I’ll help you navigate very difficult, and at times confrontational, situations. Let us carry the water. You focus on what’s important to you — the next steps after this.
The Risks of NOT Working with a Full-time Realtor
So, what are the risks of going it alone and not working with a Realtor? The biggest risk is ending up with an overpriced house (as a buyer) or not getting what your home is worth (as a seller). Those are the number one issues, and a lot goes into understanding where you should come out in those negotiations. Consider the following:
- Price: You risk coming in at the wrong price. Negotiation is about knowing your starting point and when you’d be better off without a deal. That can be nearly impossible when any level of emotion comes into play. It’s a trap, a trap too easy to fall into when going it alone.
- Buyers Remorse: A full-time Realtor gets to know the neighborhood and can tell you (or find out) what’s coming, what’s closing down, what areas are rising in crime, which schools excel, and so on. Without that, a buyer can end up in the wrong area and regret it for years to come.
- Hiring the Wrong Vendors: You’ll need a lender, a home inspector, a pool company, a termite inspector, a carpet cleaner, a painter, a handyman, a staging professional and a photographer, among others…you name it. A seasoned Real Estate veteran has those relationships.
- The Unknown: If you don’t know what to ask, what to look for, then it’s likely the unknown that’ll reach out and bite you. A Realtor knows and will protect you from the unknown, especially when there’s an agent on the other side of the table who might be (ethically) keeping those things unknown to you.
As you can see, there are real risks in going it alone. The biggest is ending up at the wrong price and costing yourself thousands of dollars. You also risk the dread of buyers remorse. Let a pro handle this for you, so that you can enjoy the outcome. Agree? Then, make sure you hire the right Realtor. Keep reading.
Why Work with Me?
I’m a fighter. Some call me a bulldog. I’m from New York, and I actually enjoy the confrontation in negotiations (it’s a East Coast thing!) . At the same time, I have a big heart. I care about my clients, their families, and will fight for them the whole way.
As your Realtor, I bring the following:
- I win. Sorry, but I do. And that means you win, too.
- The only thing tougher than my negotiating skills are my code of ethics. And I hold others to the same standard!
- I take every client’s success personally. I take the emotions out of the transaction and put ‘em into my efforts. I care, and you’ll see that right away.
- I stay current with professional training, education, coaching, mastermind groups, and reading news and reports daily. When I’m not working on my client’s deals, I’m getting smarter.
- I constantly check listings. I don’t do searches only when you have questions. I’m constantly on the prowl for the right home for you.
- I’m a pro. This is not a part-time gig for me. It’s a career.
- I’m connected to the community. I’m a member of two local Chambers of Commerce and several other community groups. That means I know “What’s coming on that corner?” and what zoning laws are changing. I’m on top of it.
- I teach. You’ll never be in the dark. I’m a former school teacher, so my focus is to keep you educated all along the way.
- I’ve sold over $20M of homes, over 100 properties. That’s the experience you need.
There are very few decisions as important as this one. The whole process of buying or selling a home is complicated, requires keen negotiation skills, and relies on experience to avoid dangerous pitfalls. So, don’t go it alone. Hire a full-time, professional Realtor and avoid the sting of buyers remorse and losing big money.
Felecia’s Raving Fans
“Felecia and her team did a wonderful job of helping us find the perfect home for us. She was great from start to finish. Even stopped back a day after her vacation to welcome us in our new home. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone looking to buy a house! This process was easy-she listened to everyone of the details we were looking for in a house and yard and found us one the fit it perfectly!!! I can’t say enough good things about Felecia and Michelle!!!”