Since Gilbert is known as the former Hay Capital of the World, I thought it’d be fun to do a monthly (or so) blog on what’s going on in our town. We’ll touch on the real estate market, new development, events, and whatever is in the news here in Gilbert. So..what’s new? Hay! Good question!
Real Estate and Development News
You saw my March 2019 Gilbert Real Estate Market Update. The Gilbert Real Estate market is still sitting strong for both buyers and sellers. Inventory is at 63 days. Average price continues to go up. And Gilbert continues to be a great place for a family to make its home.
We’ve also seen some cool new restaurants open in the last month, including:
- The Culinary Dropout at The Yard: As the website says, they serve “classic meals done right.” They have happy hours, live music, and great food.
- The White Rabbit Bar: Shhh! Speak easy, because this place is a Speakeasy! You need the password to get in, so sign up for their newsletter. Cocktails, jazz, everything ‘30s.
- Topo Arizona: This is the place getting all the buzz, with its giant gopher. Right on the grounds of Joe’s BBQ (who runs this place, too), Topo offers a set menu of burritos and soft serve.
- Gilbert schools are starting a new bell schedule.
- Rivulon continues to expand with two new 100,000 square foot buildings under construction and new tenants moving into the existing buildings.
Events in Gilbert
There’s always great stuff to do in Gilbert, from events in the Heritage District to the Riparian Preserve to the Farmers Markets. Here are a few special events in May:
How About Coffee?
Are you looking to move into this great town, or maybe considering your options of selling your Gilbert home? If so, let’s have coffee! I can tell you all about your options, the market, and the best way to move forward. Plus, I’ve got a great network of all the pros you need, from home inspections to mortgage to title companies.