Welcome to our monthly blog on what’s new in Gilbert, the once Hay Capital of the World! So..what’s new? Hay! Good question!
Real Estate and Development News
Here’s what’s opening and planned for Gilbert. We have guns, marijuana and parking…oh my! Things are getting interesting here, yet still family friendly. Gilbert is keeping with its authentic, independent culture while building a great community for raising your family.
Here’s the latest:
- The Gilbert Chamber and the Town Council worked together to reduce fees for new businesses. Learn more.
- Curaleaf has acquired the Emerald medical marijuana dispensary in Gilbert, Gilbert’s only dispensary.
- 600-space parking garage was recently completed in the Heritage District, so parking should be a little easier given all of these new restaurants moving in. There’s also new retail planned, as well as a couple of Universities.
- A large new development including apartments, a hotel and offices is moving along through the approval process. It will be south of Juniper, off of Gilbert Road, just north of the canal.
- Gilbert’s getting a firing range, gun club that also serves alcohol! The building is up, but it’s expected to open later this year, right next to Top Golf.
- Couple of new restaurants:
The Gilbert Chamber of Commerce is hosting its Annual Business Awards on June 19th at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Gilbert from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. They’ll be celebrating many great leaders and businesses here in Gilbert.
Felecia’s Raving Fans
Events in Gilbert
As the summer heats up, there are still lots of fun events going on in Gilbert. In addition to regular events like the Farmer’s Market and Art Walk on Saturday mornings, check out these awesome events in June:
- June 28th at Freestone Park: Beatfaqtory Festival 2019
- Run a 5k in June! The Arizona Sunrise Series 5k on June 22 in Freestone Park
- June 22nd: The Owl Walk and Talk. Learn about Owls at Zanjero Park.
- Spring Break Fine Art Camp Throughout June, 9am – 2pm Includes Sketching/drawing, acrylic painting, watercolor, &/or sculpture for kids 6-12 years old.
How About an Iced Coffee?
If you’re looking to move to Gilbert, let’s get out of the heat together and grab an iced coffee. We’ll talk Real Estate, the best communities in Gilbert, and everything else you need to know about this great Town.