Welcome to our monthly blog on what’s new in Gilbert, the once Hay Capital of the World! So…what’s new? Hay! Good question! We’ve got development news, home pricing info, and lots of July events, including stuff to do on Independence Day! Read on.
Real Estate and Development News
Here’s what’s opening and planned for Gilbert.
- The Town Council pushes vertical mixed use development in passing two measures at the June 20th Council meeting.
- The Council also approved annexation of land at Recker and Ocotillo to allow for residential development by Camelot Homes.
- The average home price in Gilbert last month was $345k, which is nearly 7% growth over last year. Home sales come in at 1% less than asking price and only last 36 days on the market.
- Approvals are making progress through the Town for Abbington At Gilbert, an 85-unit Assisted Living development will go up at the corner of Mercy and Pecos, near the hospital.
- And one (sorta) new restaurant in (near) Gilbert:
- Old Chicago opened a smaller, more modern version of its popular restaurant at Gilbert & Germann, back in May.
Events in Gilbert: July 4th 2019
Get out those American Flags and try on those bathing suits. It’s the time of year for patriotic celebrations, pool parties, and grilling. Swing by the Farmer’s Market and Art Walk on Saturday mornings to get some grillin’ food, then plan on one of these great July events in Gilbert.
Felecia’s Raving Fans
- Gilbert’s July 4th Celebration: Fun starts at 6pm with fireworks at 8:30pm. Takes place at Higley High School (Recker/Pecos). There’s also Chandler’s July 4TH Fireworks Spectacular at Tumbleweed Park (McQueen/Germann)
- July 7th: Music Lab: Beat Making Co-created with Swizz Beatz at the Apple Store in San Tan Mall
- July 22-24: Mad Scientist Science Camp: Ages 4-10, $125/kid
- July 8-12: Best of the 90s Music Camp at the School of Rock
- July 27th, 5:30pm-7:30pm, July Summer Splash at Crossroads Towne Center
Will you be celebrating with your own fireworks this year? Read up on the rules for Consumer Fireworks in Gilbert.
How About an Iced Coffee?
If you’re looking to move to Gilbert, let’s get out of the heat together and grab an iced coffee. We’ll talk Real Estate, the best communities in Gilbert, and everything else you need to know about this great town. I moved here from New York City. I can tell you all about the move, and how we ended up building a great home here.