Gilbert has lead the state and the country in rebounding from the Great Recession, and its future looks just as bright. From new, innovative developments to a long-term plan for the future, Gilbert has the economic vision you can count on for your family. In 2019 they are building new parks, attracting new businesses, and improving infrastructure to make living in areas like Neely Farms and Western Skies a great place to raise a family.
Gilbert’s Economic Vision
Gilbert “is committed to attracting, growing and retaining business and industry to the Gilbert community.” You can see that vision unfolding throughout the Town as it reaches a population of 250,000, the fifth largest city in Arizona.
Gilbert’s Office of Economic Development has created a plan based on land usage, attracting top talent, offering the right financial incentives, and creating employment centers for professional jobs. In doing so, they have brought in companies like Deloitte, developed high-end projects like Rivulon, and enhanced quality of life with projects like the new ‘mega park.’
Arizona’s Economic Outlook in 2019
Lee McPheters, director of the JPMorgan Chase Economic Outlook Center at Arizona State University, recently said, “Businesses [in Arizona] are going to have to get used to paying higher wages. In all industries, we’re going to have to pay more if we’re going to be a dynamic labor market.” Gilbert is leading the way in this trend by offering the right incentives to get these higher-paying wage jobs with innovative companies like Deloitte.
Other highlights from ASU’s W. P. Carey School of Business:
- Arizona will rank among the top five states for job creation in manufacturing, construction and professional and technical services
- Arizona’s unemployment rate is expected to dip below 4% in 2019
- Strong demand expected for single-family home building permits.
The types of businesses coming to Gilbert and creating jobs is a good indicator of Gilbert’s economic future, as well as a snapshot of the professionals and talent who choose Gilbert as their home. Gilbert used to lean on the construction industry. Today and in the future, Gilbert’s economy is diversified and strengthened by innovation.
What’s Going Up on that Corner?
There are some cool projects going up in Gilbert in 2019:
- The Gilbert Regional Park is a $100 million park that will include sports fields, racquet courts, a splash pad, and more.
- Renovation and upgrade to the controversial Big League Dreams park complex.
- More coming to Rivulon, including creative office space, financial companies, retailers, and mixed-use space.
- Verde at Cooley Station is a 23-acre mixed-use development that will include “restaurants, retail, offices, health and wellness facilities, and apartment residences.”
Living in Gilbert
When you choose Gilbert as the place to raise your family, take a look at neighborhoods like Neely Farms and Western Skies. They are perfectly situated in the center of this growing, innovative Town. Gilbert’s vision for industry, education, culture, and entertainment will provide your family the solid foundation you’re looking for.
Felecia’s Raving Fans
“Felecia is the person to help you with either buying or selling. She will get the job done well in a timely manner. She has incredible patience and understands how to deal with even the most difficult situations. She is truly a great problem solver. Thanks for all the help with my grandmother who has Alzheimer’s!”