Moving to Gilbert, AZ: A Great Place to Raise a Family
The pillars of a great society, or this case a fantastic town to raise a family, are education, arts, and recreation. Gilbert has it all. Recognized as the top place to raise a family in Arizona, Gilbert is filled with libraries, festivals, markets, parks, and other hidden gems. If you’re looking to relocate your family to Gilbert, check out all the great family fun and culture to be experienced here in the Town of Gilbert.
Recreational Activities in Gilbert
When we’re driving around together looking for homes for sale in Gilbert, one of the first things you’ll notice about this town is all the parks and recreation they’ve built around here (of course, you’ll also notice how clean it is and how well the roads are maintained, but that’s boring — back to the fun). From rock climbing to fishing to picnics to bird watching…you name it, Gilbert’s got it. Plus, this bicycle friendly town makes it easy to pedal your way around.
Here’s a quick list of the recreational activities you’ll find in Gilbert:
- Freestone Park and Recreation Center: Fish the the lake, ride a train, hit some balls, go rad in the skate park, or head over to the rec center for some racquetball, a workout, or some rock climbing.
- Discovery Park: They discovered a wooly mammoth when they were building this park! Seriously! Enjoy the fishing ponds, ducks, ball fields, basketball courts, and ramadas.
- Bring Fido to Cosmo Dog Park and the Dog Park at Crossroads. Cosmo Dog Park is an award-winning dog park with everything your dog wants in a park. Great for humans, too.
- The Mega Park (coming soon): Wow! Check out the video. This park has…it…all!
- Riparian Preserve: Bird lovers come from all over the world to shoot birds — with their cameras. Even if you’re not a bird watcher, this is a great place to take a nature walk with the kids and enjoy seasonal activities and festivals.
- You’ll find a lot of great golf courses in Gilbert, including some affordable courses that still offer a great day’s golf. Check out Western Skies!
- TopGolf: This place combines a giant bar, billiards and parties with a high-tech driving range.
Felecia’s Raving Fans
Look No Further: Gilbert is loaded with fun businesses, including bowling alleys, billiards, a skate rink, wakeboarding, and more.
Education and Culture in Gilbert
When it’s time to nourish the mind and enrich the soul, you’ll find that Gilbert is a great source of learning. After the final bells ring in our nationally recognized school district, your family will have plenty more learning to do at these fine places. With two campuses of the Chandler-Gilbert Community College and ASU nearby, your kids have years of formal education waiting for them.
- Events: Experience the Town’s heritage at the Gilbert Days Parade and learn about World Culture at the Global Village Festival. Booked with art, entertainment, and more, your family will love these events.
- Local Goods and Artists: Every Saturday morning, down by the water town in the Heritage District, you’ll find the Gilbert Farmers Market, packed with locally grown food, local crafts, and local artists, including live music.
- Libraries: The main library in Gilbert is the Southeast Regional Library, part of the Maricopa County library system. This library is attached to the Riparian Preserve and has classes, meeting rooms, and yeah, books! There’s also the Perry Branch Library.
- The Museum, now called HD South (for Heritage District South). This is Gilbert’s History Museum and is a must for all residents. With great exhibits, classes and events, it is the hub of Gilbert’s culture.
There’s More? Yes, Shopping and Stuff for Grown-ups in Gilbert
There is plenty of shopping to do. Gilbert has designed a healthy economic plan, building out modern shopping centers, surrounded by ‘beds’ which create healthy sales revenues for the Town to maintain this amazing standard of living. Remember, Gilbert is one of the happiest places in the US! Check out San Tan Mall, Gilbert Town Square (home of the famous Sal’s Gilbert Pizza), and Crossroads Towne Center. You’ll also find dozens of locally-owned and operated businesses here in Gilbert.
But what about “grown-up” things to do? Gilbert has that, too. Hire that babysitter and get out there for a cigar and a fine beverages at FoxCigar bar, shoot some pool at Jester’s Billiards, or catch a movie at one of several theater complexes in Gilbert. Do you love craft beer? Fill your growler up while you fill your tank up at one of Gilbert’s gas stations, many of which carry an amazingly good selection (check out the Shell station at Warner/Gilbert and the One Stop Gas and Foodmart at Ray/Cooper). Enjoy some fine dining and drinking in the Heritage District or one of the many brewpubs.
Looking to Move Your Family to Gilbert?
The Town of Gilbert has so much to offer a family looking to raise kids in a safe, fun place surrounded by parks, great school, sports, and culture. Two great communities here in Gilbert are Western Skies and Neely Farms. Give me a call, and I’ll take you around and find just the right home in Gilbert. I know you’ll fall in love with this place.
Looking to sell your Gilbert home? Let’s get it listed!